Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cover Songs

So I’m a total sucker for cover songs. I dig, dig, dig them. I think they way a cover song is approached says a great deal about an artist or band. Covers can be pretty straight ahead or genre busting such as the Be Good Tanyas cover of Princes “When the Doves Cry.” Here's some coves that I really like. What do ya’ll think? What are some of your favorite cover songs?

Reel Big Fish Take On Me (Ah Ha)
Take On Me - Reel Big Fish

Be Good Tanyas When The Doves Cry (Prince)
When Doves Cry - The Be Good Tanyas

Watson Twins Just Like Heaven (The Cure)
Just Like Heaven - The Watson Twins

Joe Strummer and Johnny Cash Redemption Song (Bob Marley)
Redemption Song - Joe Strummer/Johnny Cash

Ryan Adams Wonderwall (Oasis)
Wonderwall - Ryan Adams

Brandi Carlile Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen)


Mike Doughty The Gambler (Kenny Rogers)


Derek Webb and Sandra If Not For You (Bob Dylan)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love covers,too. I have all of those but the Watson Twins one :)

Most interesting cover of late was Glen Campbell's cover of Green Day's "Good Riddance" and Panc at the Disco's cover of "This is Halloween" from Nightmare Before Christmas and "The Weight" by The Band.

Favorite cover I heard yesterday: Mars Volta covering "Birthday" by The Sugarcubes.

Rufus Wainwright's is still my favorite version of "Hallelujah".

Post a Comment