Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Time Warp Wednesday: Radiohead's I Might Be Wrong

This inaugural post for Time Warp Wednesdays comes to you courtesy of my son, The Young Man. On the way to dropping him off at school today we were listening to Radiohead's live EP I Might Be Wrong. This 8 song live record features tunes from Kid A and Amnesiac. It also contains one of my favorite Radiohead songs, "True Love Waits." This song is just so incredibly beautiful and melancholy. " And true love waits / In haunted attics / And true love lives / On lollipops and crisps." And it is "True Love Waits" that really connected with my son. I think we listened to it 3 or 4 times before we got to school. For me, this song reminds me of my grandmother, since my grandfather died a few years ago. She still feels his presence and knows they will be together again. True love waits.

The rest of this album is a reminder of how great the band is live, and how well Radiohead are able to translate their recorded output to the stage. I Might Be Wrong, in my opinion, is a must have in every record collection as it captures Radiohead in all their live glory. Check out a few live samples below.



0 comments:

Post a Comment